Searching for the best paint color for bedrooms can be an overwhelming task. With the plethora of paint colors out there, which should you choose? Because your walls should reflect your own personal style, some of the most trendy and “best” bedroom paint colors out there may not be for you.
Before you schedule professional painters to help with your wall painting project, it’s important to first make the right color choice. These general guidelines can help you make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right bedroom color for your space.
Best Master Bedroom Paint Colors
While interior design experts tend to follow certain rules for choosing bedroom wall paint colors for master and adult bedrooms, you can always throw out the rule book and paint your bedroom any color you’d like! At the end of the day, you simply need to choose a hue that you’re attracted to and reflects your personal taste. Here are just some ideas to keep in mind to help you decide on the perfect color.
- Classic Bedroom Colors: If your style leans more toward the traditional, a muted blue is always a great choice for most bedrooms. Neutral greens, cool violets, and soft pinks are also excellent wall paint colors if you want to keep things classic.
- Neutral Bedroom Colors: Perhaps you value simplicity. If you want a simple, more minimalist look to your room, neutral paint hues like white, cream, beige, and light gray can do the trick. Plus, painting your walls a neutral color gives ample opportunity to spruce up your bedroom with some fun patterns on your bed and walls.
- Romantic Bedroom Colors: Are you a romantic at heart? Have your professional painting team paint dark, dramatic colors on your bedroom walls. Think deep purple, burgundy, navy, olive green, or charcoal. If you’re working with a smaller bedroom and still want the romance, paint just one accent wall in a dark hue, while keeping the other walls lighter.
- Warm Bedroom Colors: If you’d like your bedroom to envelop you in coziness, warm hues can’t be beat. You can either go lighter with your wall colors or darker, depending on the size of your room and your color preferences. If you want a lighter sense of warmth, think about using soft golds and yellows. For a deeper, cozier color, go for reddish brown. A dark burgundy can also give off a very warm, intimate feel.
Best Bedroom Colors for Sleep
Many of us see our bedrooms as a relaxation haven. If you are looking for a calming, tranquil ambiance in your bedroom, it’s a good idea to lean toward painting cooler, neutral hues on the walls. Try one of the following bedroom wall paint ideas to help you relax and sleep.
- Cool blues: Soothing blue hues are ideal for bedroom walls if you wish to create a calming atmosphere. This is probably why blue is such a classic and common color.
- Soft greens: Soft greens can also be quite soothing. Lighter green colors like sage or celery are inspired by nature and create a content, serene feeling.
- Pastels: Not only can soft pastel wall paint colors like lavender help you relax, they can also make small rooms feel bigger and lighter.
- Dark gray-blues: A dark color on bedroom walls may seem dramatic and not relaxing at first, but a dark gray-blue can give off a calming effect to help you fall into a deep slumber.
Best Kids Bedroom Color Ideas
Bedroom wall colors for kids have the wonderful ability to be much more whimsical, brighter, and youthful than walls found in master bedrooms. Of course, you also have to take a child’s age and their own tastes into account before choosing the perfect bedroom paint color. Think about the following when choosing a paint color for a child’s bedroom.
- Bright reds and oranges: While these paint colors typically aren’t found in adult bedrooms, they can work out quite nicely in kids’ rooms and give off an energetic, playful look.
- Purples and blues: These colors aren’t only regarded as some of the favorites of kids and teens, but they have also been known to stimulate brain activity — the perfect colors for getting homework done!
- Neutrals: If you have a picky child who tends to change their mind on a whim, it’s always a good idea to stick with neutrals on the wall. Kids’ tastes change greatly especially as they grow older, so painting bedroom walls white, cream, light brown, or light gray will allow your child to easily switch out their bedspread, throw pillows, and other decor as the years go by.
Best Bedroom Colors for Small Rooms
Small bedrooms can be tricky when it comes to choosing wall paint colors. For one, you may not want to stick with white because you think it’s too bland and desire a more colorful room. And for another, you don’t want to choose a wall color that makes your room look even smaller. The good news is that you can still add color to walls in small bedrooms without making the room seem like it’s shrinking. Look for the following colors if you want to create the illusion of a larger bedroom without going stark white on the walls.
- Paint with blue or green undertones. Have your professional painters use paint with these undertones to make your small bedroom appear larger. Think blues, greens, browns, grays, and even lavenders. Not only will these colors still create the feeling of a bigger space, they can be very soothing.
- Softly toned white hues. If you want to stick with white in a small bedroom, choosing white paint with green, blue, gray, or pink undertones can help your room look larger, plus create a feeling of warmth.
- Paint walls the same color as the ceiling. Take your bedroom paint a step further by having your painting team paint your walls and ceiling the same color. This technique will help your bedroom open up and appear larger.
Leave Bedroom Wall Painting to Professional Painters
Once you choose the perfect bedroom wall paint color, it’s important to ensure that your wall painting project is handled by professionals. A professional house painting company will paint your walls perfectly and complete your project on time and on budget. Plus, if you need help choosing the best wall paint color for your bedroom, you will have an expert color consultant in your corner to help steer you in the right direction. Get started today with a free wall painting quote.