Before professional painters start on your interior painting project, it’s important to ask them about repairing your drywall. Walls, trim, and ceilings are all prone to minor blemishes like small cracks, and major damage from certain conditions. While you may think that your damaged drywall is just a cosmetic nuisance, drywall repair is essential if you desire a finished, polished look inside your home.
What Causes Damaged Drywall?
While drywall is an exceptional product due to its strength and durability, it can’t stay intact forever. Aside from the obvious wear and tear your interior walls experience from everyday living (e.g. nailing pictures to walls, moving furniture, kids rough housing), drywall damage often occurs for the following reasons:
- Moisture and Temperature Fluctuations. Humidity and temperature changes are a common reason why cracks form and loose joint tape occurs. A professional drywall repair service can repair drywall cracks and get your joint tape looking good as new.
- Settling of Your Home. House shifting can cause unsightly cracks to develop in your drywall. Before scheduling an appointment for drywall repair and interior painting, be sure to make sure your painter fixes settling cracks prior to applying paint.
- Water Leaks. If you see water stains and drywall bowing or bubbling, you could have a slow water leak behind the drywall. Make sure to investigate behind the wall prior to repair painting.
Why is Drywall Repair Before Interior Painting Important?
If you’re thinking about delaying your drywall repair, or decide to paint over the damage, you take the risk of your top coat paint flaking off. The look of your home interior and completed paint job will also suffer from holes, cracks, and other aesthetic flaws.
Hiring a professional drywall repair service before interior painting is essential for these reasons and others:
- Repairing cracks, holes, or dents in your drywall will result in a smoother interior paint application that lasts. A smooth, fresh paint application performed by a professional painting company can enhance the entire look and feel of your home interior.
- Drywall repair leaves the elements outside where they belong. The most important function of your home’s drywall is that it keeps wind, moisture, pests, and insulation from entering your home. But when your drywall develops holes or cracks, these things can get inside your house.
- Cold or warm outdoor air exposure due to cracks and holes in drywall can negatively impact energy efficiency. This can leave you with larger electric and gas bills.
How Much Does Drywall Repair Cost?
Pricing for drywall repair varies and depends on the extent of the damage. A professional drywall repair service will factor in how much labor and materials will be needed to get the job done well and on time. By requesting a free drywall repair quote you will know the exact price you will pay so there won’t be any surprises. You’ll also receive written explanations of what steps are necessary to keep your home interior looking great.
Leave Drywall Repair to Professionals
While drywall repair may seem like a simple task you can complete yourself, it’s important to know that repairing interior walls before painting requires trained professionals who work on jobs like these every day. Even if your walls only have minor holes or cracks, a professional drywall repair service is required if you want drywall repair and interior painting results that last for decades.