With growing concerns about caring for the earth, Sharper Impressions Painting is continuously looking for new, environmentally-friendly ways to make your home beautiful. If you are looking to make your home a healthier place for your family to live, Sharper Impressions Painting has many options and will find the right paint for you!
VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) are gasses that are emitted by paint that are potentially harmful to your health. Sharper Impressions Painting offers the painting of your home with paints that contain low or no VOCs. To explain in layman’s terms what VOCs are…when you apply wet latex paint to an interior wall or trim surface, that paint will usually dry within 30 minutes. As the paint dries like glue to the wall it releases gases from its liquid form. In unventilated areas, those gases over time can be harmful to human lungs. Most higher quality level paints now dry with very low gases that enter the air. So, with a professional painter using good quality paint, you can be assured that the air you breathe before and after applying paint is safe.
Paints with low or no VOCs also allow families to quickly enjoy their freshly painted homes without having to wait for strong odors to fade away.
Painting your home “green” does not necessarily mean a higher price. Sharper Impressions Painting will work with your budget to suit your family’s needs and your concern for the environment.
Tips for “Green” Painting:
- Only buy as much paint as you need for your project.
- To clean your brushes after use, use a container of water rather than under a running faucet.
- Avoid pouring excess paint down a drain. It could potentially harm a stream or other area of water.
- If your paint container is almost empty, let it dry out completely, without the lid, before throwing it out.
- Give your excess paint to someone who can use it, such as a neighbor or a non-profit organization.
Contact Sharper Impressions Painting today to talk to someone about the “Green” Painting of your home and to schedule a free estimate!